Back To Top
Senior Residential Construction Superintendent
Manages all on site activity including managing staff and subcontractors to complete luxury town homes and custom homes on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Studies specifications to plan on basis of starting and completion times and staffing for each phase of construction (primarily 3-4 level town homes)
- Orders procurement materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Coordinates all on site construction without supervision including daily interaction with other Company departments and city inspectors while coordinating and managing efforts of staff and subcontractors through all phases of construction.
- Locates, qualifies and schedules all subcontractors, negotiating pricing, inspecting work quality and completeness and ensuring prompt and accurate submission of invoices.
- Conducts daily physical inspection of each house to determine progress and to ensure staff and subcontractors comply with Company safety and quality control standards as well as any agency standards; oversees completion of walk through items.
- Ensures staff and subcontractors follow Company construction, quality control and safety methods and procedures; resolves complaints and grievances within work force; resolves customer problems.
- Adjusts personnel and equipment resources as needed to resolve construction problems and to avoid delays.
- Maintains complete file on each home in order to provide timely and accurate progress reports.
- Manages on-site area, all under construction home sites, completed unsold home sites, vacant lots and community as a whole such that all are kept clean and marketable at all times.
- Builder position may coordinate and manage other superintendents as required.
- Performs other duties assigned by VP of Operations.
- 10+ years of practical construction experience with strong supervisory skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in construction related field/equivalent experience preferred.
- Luxury townhome and 3+ story residential construction, strongly preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of local codes and construction methods, construction material identification and use.
- Knowledge of all phases of new home construction and Federal, State and Company safety regulations; ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Organizational and management skills; detail oriented; possess good judgment and common sense.
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- May have occasion to lift/carry and/or push/pull 50 pounds.
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY:Houston, TX
If the position(s) above are not an exact match for you, we welcome you to submit your resume using the button below and will notify you if such a position becomes available.